Build instant volume and body that won’t fall flat by backcombing hair at the roots. Work with a small section for instant targeted lift at the crown, or create an entire style with additional backcombing.
- Comb out all tangles with a wide-tooth comb or brush.
- Section off hair to be backcombed and clip out of the way.
- Holding a small section of hair straight up, begin to comb downwards, towards the scalp.
- Work comb from tips towards roots with short, uniform movements.
- Continue to work remaining sections in the same fashion.
- Carefully smooth out the top layer with a natural bristle brush.