What is Dry Shampoo?
Dry shampoo is a magical powder that takes away grease without the use of water. It’s great for most types of hair, and can be an excellent, environmentally-friendly way to cleanse your hair in between wash days. Dry shampoo is great for busy women, or for women who want an efficient clean feeling, or for women who don’t want or need to wash hair too often. Dry shampoo is great to keep color treated hair vibrant, and can even help after a sweat session to minimize odor. It works by helping to grab excess oil and then disperse it.
At Nexxus we believe in the power of dry shampoo, as long as you know how to use dry shampoo efficiently. Here are a few options to choose from, each with their own take on the dry shampoo craze and varied to fit whatever your hair type or hair needs may be. We’ll also go through in depth what is dry shampoo used for and how to use dry shampoo so you’ll leave a dry-shampoo convert!
● Nexxus Between Washes Dry Shampoo Foam removes oil from hair root, revitalizes blowouts on non-wash days — blow dry with a round brush, because experts say second day hair is easier to style.
● Nexxus Dry Shampoo Refreshing Mist for Volume extends your style and helps recharge your hair. This volume dry shampoo is enriched with Pearl Extract and refreshes hair without water to extend the life of your style. And it smells great, too!
Dry Shampoo Do’s & How to Use Dry Shampoo
Confused on how to use dry shampoo? We’ve got you covered. Dry shampoo is not just spray and go. There’s an art to spraying dry shampoo to make it a truly useful tool. So here’s how to use dry shampoo:
Bit by bit: Spray in sections. Use sweeping motions with the spray.
Keep your distance: Spray eight inches or so from your scalp so you don’t have a concentrated buildup.
Focus: Spray towards your scalp.
Soak: Let the powder soak in. Massage it in. Fluff it out.
Brush right: You’ll want to use the right brush right after you spray.
Dry Shampoo Don’ts
If you’re wondering is dry shampoo bad for your hair, you may not be doing it right. There are also a bunch of dry shampoo don’ts:
1. Don’t randomly spray and shake. Don’t spray onto the part line. You still want to get beyond the exposed parts.
2. Don’t spray too much. Just like you don’t need gobs of regular shampoo, you only need enough to feel clean and then can add a touch-up.
3. Don’t touch your hair when applying. Wait for the dust to settle, so to speak, then blend.
4. Don’t spray on top layers only. Get underneath where dirt and sweat gather, too. It’s a fuller dry-wash that way.
5. Don’t spray on wet or damp hair. It doesn’t make sense. Keep it dry, keep it clean and don’t mix it up!
With these dry shampoo dos and dry shampoo don’ts, you can be sure you know how to use dry shampoo efficiently. Get ready for refreshed and cleansed hair all week long! As you can tell, how to use dry shampoo is easy as long as you follow the right technique, and there are a number of options to choose from depending on the hair benefit you are looking for. Still questioning exactly what is dry shampoo good for? Explore our Nexxus Dry Shampoos listed above to see what works best for you!