Frequently Asked Questions
It’s all about the proteins. At Nexxus, we use proteomics (science that studies proteins) to find the right protein blends to restore hair, according to each type or level of damage. Each of our formula has the right concentration of proteins to bring your hair back to its most beautiful state.
To have the best results, it’s important to use our products as a system. All products have been crafted to take on different roles. All Nexxus shampoos are custom crafted, they rebalance hair by rebuilding broken bonds and replenishing nutrients within leaving hair responsive. Nexxus conditioners restore the protective barrier, leaving hair balanced and flexible.
At Nexxus we call this balance the perfect equilibrium.
Each of Nexxus's formulas contain an exclusive ProteinFusion blend custom crafted for different hair types to replenish deep within.
- Therappe & Humectress Proteinfusion blend contains elastin protein and green caviar
- Color Assure ProteinFusion blend contains elastin protein and quinoa
- Blonde Assure ProteinFusion blend contains keratin protein and violet pigments
- Keraphix ProteinFusion blend contains keratin protein and black rice
- Clean & Pure ProteinFusion blend contains elastin protein and marine minerals
- Scalp Inergy ProteinFusion blend contains wheat protein and ginger root
- Frizz Defy ProteinFusion blend contains elastin protein and argan oil
- Hydralight ProteinFusion blend contains wheat protein and deep sea minerals
- Diametress ProteinFusion blend contains elastin protein and green tea extract
Protein Care active rebuild broken bonds reinforcing hair's protein structure for stronger, reinforced hair. They are used in all Nexxus Shampoos.
Nexxus has formulated its shampoos to be silicone free. By removing that silicone coating from your rinse, it allows your treatment and conditioning products to work best to repair, restore, and protect.
Micro-Silicones are very small and light silicones that intelligently deposit only where they are needed on the hair fibre, so hair is not overloaded and moves with seamless fluidity. They are used in Nexxus conditioners*.
* with the exception of Youth Renewal Conditioner
Yes, Nexxus contain small amount of salt to help achieve a nice product texture. This salt content (much smaller than ocean sea water) will not interfere with your hair styling or keratin hair treatments. In fact, many Nexxus products also contain keratin as part of the Protein Blend.
Nexxus has minimised SLES levels to have truly mild formulas, yet with efficient cleansing and foaming properties. There is no technical evidence why Nexxus products with SLES should not be used with keratin treated hair.
Yes, Nexxus uses Sodium lauryl sulphate (SLES). SLES is a surfactant or cleansing agent, which is used in many cosmetic products for its excellent cleansing and foaming properties.
Shampoos having a high level of surfactants (such as sulphate ones) could damage coloured hair. Nexxus has minimised SLES levels to have truly mild formulas, yet with efficient cleansing and foaming properties.
Fragrances used in Nexxus ranges have a distinctive signature: a delicate balance of floral feminity and warm oriental sophistication:
- Nexxus Nutritive, Oil Infinite and Youth Renewal range have a pampering oriental fusion scent incorporating woody and creamy floral notes of Magnolia and Jasmin.
- Nexxus Emergenceé™ range has an oriental gourmand scent structured around a floral oriental heart with Cherry Blossom and Waterlily notes.
We do not test our products on animals and are committed to ending animal testing. Unilever has complied with the EU animal testing bans for cosmetics since 2004 and supports calls for similar bans to be introduced globally.
Since the 1980s, Unilever has remained at the forefront of research into non-animal approaches to assess product safety, and we advocate effective, science-based regulation on alternatives to animal testing that ensures consumer safety and facilitates innovation.
Please check the product label for details or check the ingredients tab on the individual product pages