How to Fix 4 Common Winter Hair Woes
As winter approaches, so does hair panic for many of us. It’s not the kindest season for our hair — not only do we have hat hair to contend with, but cold weather, indoor heating, and wind can leave hair dry, straw-like, and full of static. But don’t worry — you’re not doomed to suffer bad hair days through the season. Get prepared for the winter season. Here’s how to battle some of the most common winter hair woes so your hair looks and feels healthy 24/7. Plus, we’ve even got you covered with gorgeous winter hair styles here!
The Winter Hair Woe: Dry, Straw-Like Hair
Your blow dryer, straightener, and curling iron do damage year-round. Heat styling coupled with winter moisture levels (which drop) equates to your hair drying out. Luckily, you don’t have to give up heat styling. You just need to ensure you’re managing damage along the way. That’s where Nexxus Keraphix comes in. The nourishing line is infused with our exclusive PROTEINFUSION™ blend with keratin protein (which makes up most of your hair’s proteins) and black rice, known to heal signs of visible damage (and a centuries-old secret for strong, healthy hair among the women of the Huangluo Village in China). The result: visibly healed signs of damage, even after just 1 use. What you’ll need: Keraphix Shampoo for Damaged Hair, Keraphix Conditioner for Damaged Hair, Keraphix Gel Treatment for Damaged Hair, Keraphix Mask for Damaged Hair.
How to Repair Dry Hair
1. Apply shampoo to wet hair and lather. Follow with conditioner, and rinse thoroughly.
2. After towel blotting or squeezing off extra water, apply gel treatment evenly and massage into roots. Leave in for 5 minutes. This treatment reaches deep into the hair fiber to help repair its integrity from within, leaving hair smooth, strong, and healthy-looking.
3. Shampoo and condition again to get rid of protein residue from the gel.
4. Apply masque from eye level to tips and leave for 3-5 minutes. The mask moisturizes deeply inside hair, healing roughness and brittleness for smooth and healthy-looking hair.
5. Rinse, dry, and style.
The Winter Hair Woe: Hair Static
What’s going on when your hair seems to have a mind of its own during the winter? When the temperature drops, your hair picks up an electrical charge from the dry air, causing it to stand up. There’s less moisture in the air during the colder months, so this issue is more likely to come up — literally — in winter. No worries, we’ve got an easy trick to fix it! What you’ll need: Humectress Encapsulate Serum for Dry Hair, a silk scarf
How to Fix Hair Static
1. Run a silk scarf through dry hair to reduce static.
2. Apply Humectress Encapsulate Serum for Dry Hair. Use 2-5 pumps for shorter hair or 4-8 pumps for longer hair. The serum is formulated with oil contained in caviar-shaped pearls suspended in a water-based rebuilding serum. It’s rich in nutrients and pure protein, and locks in weightless moisture.
The Winter Hair Woe: Flat Hat Hair
We love cute hat season…as long as we’re wearing the hat, that is. When the accessory comes off, it’s a different story. Flat where you want volume and static when you want smoothness. Fix it in a snap with these easy steps. What you’ll need: Nexxus Dry Shampoo Refreshing Mist Paddle brush
How to Fix Flat Hair
1. Shake the can and lightly spray on roots from 8-10 inches away.
2. Use a paddle brush to brush dry shampoo through roots, lifting them as you go.
3. Flip hair upside down for extra lift.
4. Scrunch for volume.
The Winter Hair Woe: Fading Color
Who needs sun for “sun-kissed” hair? A little color can go a long way when it comes to getting hair looking fresh and healthy. But fading hair color gives us the winter blues. That’s where Nexxus Color Assure comes in — the line is specially formulated to nourish color-treated hair, leaving hair shiny and soft and creating a protective layer that helps lock in color. What you’ll need: Nexxus Color Assure Shampoo for Colored Hair Nexxus Color Assure Conditioner for Colored Hair Nexxus Color Assure Primer for Colored Hair Blowdryer
How to Keep Your Color Fresh
1. Apply 5-7 pumps of primer, starting at the roots. It’ll protect your hair while showering, repelling water to prevent your hair color from fading.
2. Shampoo to gently cleans and reawaken colored hair.
3. Apply conditioner and leave on for 3 minutes. Enriched with White Orchid Extract, it’ll help vibrancy last longer.
4. Rinse and style as usual.